Captain Charles Bamele
Operational Coordination Director
Permanent Secretariat of the Inter-Ministerial Committee for State Action at Sea
- Countering threats to economic security in the Gulf of Guinea. Protecting regional oil interests and countering arms and drug smuggling
- Leveraging patrol vessels to support continuous maritime surveillance. Closing gaps in coverage
- Putting the Ivory Coast’s maritime security strategy into practice. Developing regional parternships to lessen the demand on existing capability
3:20 PM CLOSING Q&A: WHERE DOES THE OPV SIT WITHIN A GLOBAL APPROACH TO MARITIME SECURITY ENFORCEMENT?
- How should the future threat context be characterised for the maritime domain? Does the threat of high-intensity operations necessitate a fresh approach to maritime security strategy and capability development?
- Does the sheer volume of maritime security missions challenge the concept of a multi-mission OPV?
- How can regional information sharing initiatives be improved to support multi-national approaches to maritime security enforcement?