Captain Lars Schuemann
Branch Chief Concept Development, Concept & Capability Directorate
- Assessing the character of future operations in the maritime domain. The role of enhanced information sharing and situational awareness in supporting the sustainable deployment of the surface fleet
- Leveraging a multinational, multi-asset approach to address an increasingly complex mission brief. Investing in joint capability development projects to increase capacity
- Where will the OPV fit within future deployed operations? Can it function as a C2 node in the context of a more complex environment?
4:30 PM CLOSING Q&A: A BLUEPRINT FOR THE FUTURE – DESIGNING AND BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF OPVS
- Is the current OPV blueprint fit for purpose in the context of an evolving maritime security environment? Should the capabilities of the next generation of OPVs be adapted to ensure they can better enable the future fighting force?
- Addressing the question of modularity. Is a truly multi-mission platform conceivable, or must versatility always create a compromise on capability for the OPV operator?
- What are the limits of the OPV in terms of capability and survivability? When is an OPV too capable to be described as an OPV?
- Limiting vessel down-time and supporting continuous operation by enhancing the approach to maintenance. Moving beyond planned maintenance and towards a point-of-need approach to patrol vessel MRO