The speaker Captain Mark Davanzo was part of the previous event. To review the most recent speakers list, click here.
Captain Mark Davanzo
Incoming Chief, Office of Cutter Forces
U.S. Coast Guard HQ
10:15 AM CLOSING Q&A: WHERE DOES THE OPV SIT WITHIN A GLOBAL APPROACH TO MARITIME SECURITY ENFORCEMENT?
- How should the future threat context be characterised for the maritime domain? Does the threat of high-intensity operations necessitate a fresh approach to maritime security strategy and capability development?
- Does the sheer volume of maritime security missions challenge the concept of a multi-mission OPV?
- How can regional information sharing initiatives be improved to support multi-national approaches to maritime security enforcement?
- Supporting high endurance for the cutters on operation
- Using the cutters as a command and control platform to support helicopter operations
- Sustaining legacy vessels to best effect in readiness for long-range missions
- Deploying USCG assets to support regional maritime security and to gap fill ashore communications in the immediate aftermath of disaster