Colonel Pascal Cheylan
Maritime Security Policy
Secretariat De La Mer
10:15 AM CLOSING Q&A: WHERE DOES THE OPV SIT WITHIN A GLOBAL APPROACH TO MARITIME SECURITY ENFORCEMENT?
- How should the future threat context be characterised for the maritime domain? Does the threat of high-intensity operations necessitate a fresh approach to maritime security strategy and capability development?
- Does the sheer volume of maritime security missions challenge the concept of a multi-mission OPV?
- How can regional information sharing initiatives be improved to support multi-national approaches to maritime security enforcement?
- Delivering multi-role capabilities which can deploy across the spectrum of maritime security missions
- Fusing assets, information and training at a multinational level
- Leveraging a joined up approach to maritime security enforcement. Networking surface vessels with airborne assets to support an effective response