Commander Cipriano Pereira
Programme Section, Logistics Division
9:50 AM SUSTAINABILITY BY DESIGN
- Baking-in life cycle extension at the design phase
- Delivering a technical architecture which will support a more predictive approach to status reporting and maintenance
- Reducing risk during the design and build phase. Ensuring Spain’s OPVs serviceability and availability for operations. ESP Navy Condition-based maintenance(CBM) approach.
4:30 PM CLOSING Q&A: A BLUEPRINT FOR THE FUTURE – DESIGNING AND BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF OPVS
- Is the current OPV blueprint fit for purpose in the context of an evolving maritime security environment? Should the capabilities of the next generation of OPVs be adapted to ensure they can better enable the future fighting force?
- Addressing the question of modularity. Is a truly multi-mission platform conceivable, or must versatility always create a compromise on capability for the OPV operator?
- What are the limits of the OPV in terms of capability and survivability? When is an OPV too capable to be described as an OPV?
- Limiting vessel down-time and supporting continuous operation by enhancing the approach to maintenance. Moving beyond planned maintenance and towards a point-of-need approach to patrol vessel MRO