Commodore Isaac Osei-Kuffuor
Flag Officer Commanding, Western Naval Command
9:55 AM ACQUIRING OFFSHORE PATROL VESSELS TO SUPPORT THE GHANA NAVY’S ENFORCEMENT OF REGIONAL MARITIME SECURITY
- Meeting the requirements of maritime security enforcement in the Gulf of Guinea
- Delivering a capability which is interoperable with existing regional assets. Supporting information exchange for Ghana’s future vessels
- Identifying the necessary baseline capability for Ghana’s OPV requirement. Delivering a robust multi-role platform which can detect, deter and respond to piracy and drug smuggling
- Assessing the OPV’s viability as a capability within the current threat context. How can the platform serve as an effective force multiplier for the fleet?
- Leveraging the situational awareness and C2 capabilities of the OPV to support more rapid detection and response
- What level of survivability does the OPV need to attain if it is to be deployed to a more complex operating environment?
- Better networking the OPV in the context of joint operations