Captain Mahadzir bin Mokhtar
Chief of Operations and Development for RMN Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Project Team
Royal Malaysian Navy
- Operational experiences of deploying the RMN’s updated OPV fleet. Deploying effectively in the littoral zone
- Improving the accuracy of short-range detection for smaller threats
- Improving command and control on mission by enhancing sensor fusion on board. Taking advantage of improved sensing to deliver rapid response
- Assessing the OPV’s viability as a capability within the current threat context. How can the platform serve as an effective force multiplier for the fleet?
- Leveraging the situational awareness and C2 capabilities of the OPV to support more rapid detection and response
- What level of survivability does the OPV need to attain if it is to be deployed to a more complex operating environment?
- Better networking the OPV in the context of joint operations