Senior Fellow, Naval Forces & Maritime Security
- Assessing the impact that an increasingly contested maritime domain will have on supposedly less complex maritime security and constabulary missions
- Understanding how an evolving security environment might blur requirements for the future surface fleet
- Situating the OPV within future operations. Determining a reasonable threshold for survivability and armament
- Assessing the requirements of multiple maritime security missions. Counter-piracy versus EEZ protection, counter-narcotics and search and rescue
- Training the OPV crew to adapt to a broad mission brief
- Does the future threat landscape require a fresh approach to OPV capability development?